lpTouch for Logic provides mobility and touch screen controls for Logic’s commonly used functions. With lpTouch & Wi-Fi, you can control record and playback from anywhere in your studio, edit your software instruments, or adjust effects settings. Tired of trying to manipulate tiny controls on the Logic screen with a mouse? lpTouch offers large, usable multi-touch faders and rotary controls to edit send effects, inserts, plug-in instrument parameters, and EQ settings so you can get just the right sound.
Mute or solo any track to evaluate your mix during playback. Arm one or more tracks for recording. Know where you’re at with the timecode and bar-beat display, and track name and number identification.
One great way to reap the benefits of lpTouch is to use Logic on your Mac to get some tracks down in your composition, then sit back with your iPad – or move around your studio – and use lpTouch’s track and transport functions to evaluate your mix. It makes recording a breeze.
lpTouch works with the built-in “TouchOSC” control surface driver that is provided by Apple as part of your Logic installation. It uses Logic’s new Open Sound Control (OSC) control surface support. NO NEED TO INSTALL ANY SPECIAL APPLICATIONS OR FILES TO USE LOGIC AND LPTOUCH. All you need is a working Wi-Fi connection between your Mac and your iPad.
* iPad running iOS 5
* Apple Logic Pro 9.1.6 or higher music application installed on your Mac
* Wi-Fi access to Mac running Logic
* iPad Bluetooth must be set to OFF to insure reliable communications
* Transport controls on all screens, including metronome, cycle and replace-record
* Track name and number shown
* Adjust each track’s volume with multi-touch faders; values displayed
* Edit pan and up to 5 send levels; value displayed
* Edit software instrument parameters; parameter values displayed
* Select, mute, solo and record enable any track
* Enable/bypass and edit parameter settings up to 12 insert effect plugins
* Adjust master volume & 3 Aux channels
* Dedicated EQ screen mimics Logic’s Channel EQ editing capability
* “LCD” displays timecode & bar-beat playhead location
* Move Loop Cycle location, or navigate by Markers
* Reset Solo to Off on all tracks
* Set automation mode per track
* Double tap most faders and rotaries to return to default position
* Preference settings: disable iPad sleep mode (Autolock); faders “jump on touch”; choose vertical rotary manipulation